anthropology

Thursday, December 23, 2010

My dear Mrs English Teacher and what I know

I know I sound like that naive protagonist character when I say: My English teacher told me I need to write about "what I know" instead of overdramatic "drivel". Maybe it's true, maybe it's not; but summer break had just begun and it's already a daily challenge to find more, quoting my mom, "wholesome" activities than drooling over a Richard Armitage clad in nothing but delicious dark blue spandex. Ahem.

So, hence, this humble blog was born!

I won't be writing about the passionate tribulations of my Contessa Clarinda but of the unexplored world of "what I know" (a certain Mr. Armitage may or may not fall under that category) which really just revolves around the arts, literature, anything vintage and just being happy. My entries aren't written to impress (but it's great if they do). They're just my, at times, pointless, commentary and I won't pretend that they are anything more. I just hope I'm not as boring as I think I might be...

I would really appreciate any comments or suggestions about aaaanything at all :)

Sorry. I had to. Here's something a little more wholesome...

Monet painting
No one quite does it like Monet, eh?

Keep smiling =) 
Your friendly neighbourhood Margaret x

2 comments:

  1. When I was your age (Servetus takes a moment to shake her head at how pompous that sounds) and dinosaurs still roamed the earth, my mother made me read a certain number of things on the "must have read before university" list my school distributed for every piece of smut I checked out of the public library. I don't remember the ratio, and I don't remember that she checked up on this especially closely, but she made her point. :)

    She wasn't wrong, of course, and in the end, reading stuff that is a little more wholesome can only improve the smut you write.

    Welcome to the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the words, Servetus :) And it seems your mother's words did make a difference in the end, as evident in your (excuse my lack for better words) quite brainy and always enlightening blog. I thoroughly admire your ability to express precisely what you mean and to dwell below the surface and surprise(me, at least) with ideas I haven't really entertained.

    Margaret x

    ReplyDelete